Ambazonia has very rich soil in all its states for the growing of food by her hardworking people. Animal husbandry is also part of our lives. Most families in Ambazonia have sponsored kids through college through sale of farm produce.
Farmers, however, suffer from poor farm to market roads and lack of subsidies for the preservation of seeds. Industrial agricultural activities are also lacking as most of the industries that purchased crops from farmers and turned them into different packaged products in large quantities for local and international consumption were closed by Cameroun after annexed occupied Ambazonia. This was done in a calculated effort to ensure that Ambazonians remain poor and therefore, disempowered in the society relative to the annexationist government of Cameroun.
- The Development Agency was destroyed
- The Cameroon Bank (CAMBANK) that provided small and medium-size loans to farmers at very low interest for investments in Agriculture was moved to Republique of Cameroun, looted and then closed
- The Marketing Board that purchased cocoa, coffee, and other produce from farmers at good price points was looted and its financial reserves of over 78 billion CFA francs (over USA $165million) misappropriated with impunity
- Santa Coffee Estate was shot down
- Obang Farm Settlement was closed
- Wum Area Development Authority was ordered to liquidate its assets and maliciously had its doors sealed
- The Victoria Deep Seaport, the Tiko Seaport, the Ndian Seaport, and the Mamfe inland port on the Cross River that served for the trading of agricultural produce to the international market were all shut down by Cameroun.
The Ambazonia State will prioritize:
- Improved Animals husbandry, including applied research and development technology to reduce economic loses of livestock and poultry industries and associated rural agricultural community from infectious, genetic, and metabolic diseases
- Animal health surveillance
- Animal parasitic diseases research
- Creation of a National Animal Health Monitoring System
- Creation of an Agricultural Network Information Center
- Creation of State and Federal Animal Health Programs
- Establishment of a National Institute of Food and Agricultural that will study and promote advanced technologies in food and agriculture, animal breeding, health, production and aquaculture, agro-business and economics, education in agriculture, environment, farming and ranching, food service, plants, etc.
- Construction of farm to market roads
- Healthy foods production and consumption
- Veterinary Biolegics
- Meat Animal Research
- Reduction in the very high labor demands with inadequate and ill-suited tools for agriculture
- Research in agriculture and implementation of solutions to stop crop and animal diseases that cause significant revenue losses to farmers
- Reinstate the Marketing Board to assist farmers with the sales of their produce to the local and international markets.
- Remake the agriculture-focused “Cameroun Development Corporation” (CDC) that has been privatized and its wealth is being looted at geometric rate into a people based corporation that takes care of its workers and places its fine produce within the consumption reach of the Ambazonian people
- Promote forestry
- Provide investment assistance in Agriculture
- Encourage recreational farming
- Provision of tax breaks to farmers